Midrasha

Midrasha

Who Are We?

Midrasha in Berkeley engages Jewish teens in exploring their identity as Jews through social, educational, and experiential programming. Through weekly classes, tri-annual retreats, and social action projects, East Bay teens in grades 8-12 strengthen their ties with their heritage and their community. Each week, a class is inspired by a Jewish quote and video to write their heart out about their week as an East Bay Jewish teen. Then, their work gets posted right here, on our very own blog, creating a fantastic new group of published authors each week!

October 14, 2013

Week 6- Keep on Truckin'

Am Yisrael Chai        עם ישראל חי
Through it all, the Jewish people live (from April 1945, survivors of the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp)

Mari-
If I am going through something difficult, or a rough patch in my life, something that helps me is having the ability to believe that this is just a small phase in my life and that it will soon be over. Another thing is that if someone says something hurtful, or there was drama within my friend group, I have the ability to say it's not true and I don't let it get to me. I look the other way and keep walking. Something else that helps me is to clear my mind. I like to cook. It is very therapeutic for me because then I can concentrate on something other than whatever is going on in my life, if it is social drama, or even just a lot of schoolwork. I have the ability to block things out of my head and not let them get to me. I personally think that this is a good thing because if someone says something that is hurtful and I know that it is not true, I don't need to let myself believe it. If I don't want to think about something, I just block it out. I have discussed this with my parents, and they believe that it is not necessarily a good thing because some things need to be felt, and dealt with, not just pushed deep back into your mind to erupt at some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment