Midrasha

Midrasha

Who Are We?

Midrasha in Berkeley engages Jewish teens in exploring their identity as Jews through social, educational, and experiential programming. Through weekly classes, tri-annual retreats, and social action projects, East Bay teens in grades 8-12 strengthen their ties with their heritage and their community. Each week, a class is inspired by a Jewish quote and video to write their heart out about their week as an East Bay Jewish teen. Then, their work gets posted right here, on our very own blog, creating a fantastic new group of published authors each week!

October 20, 2013

Week 7- Teachers and Students


“One man’s candle is light for many.”
Talmud on Shabbat

“I have learned much from my teachers, more from my friends, and from my students most of all.”
Rabbi Hanina, Babylonian Talmud, Ta’anith 1a


Naomi-
This weeks question is whom do you want to teach and what do you want to teach them.  I would want to teach my brother who is a 5th grader.  He is particularly good at math and science and always talks about how he’s the nerd of his grade. Going into middle school, people can be quite judgmental. I would want to teach him to keep his head up and know that he can’t please everyone.  I’d want to tell him that the only opinion of yourself that matters is yours. 

Mari- 
This weeks question is whom do you want to teach and what do you want to teach them.
I would want to teach the three little girls that I babysit, because they look up to me and when they ask me questions about math science, I can answer. It makes me feel good that I can answer these questions. I would want to teach them social skills and even academic material, through a school type game. My older cousin used to love to play games where I was the student and she was the teacher, and now I think it would be fun to play those games with the kids I babysit, and I think that the kids would really enjoy it too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment