Midrasha

Midrasha

Who Are We?

Midrasha in Berkeley engages Jewish teens in exploring their identity as Jews through social, educational, and experiential programming. Through weekly classes, tri-annual retreats, and social action projects, East Bay teens in grades 8-12 strengthen their ties with their heritage and their community. Each week, a class is inspired by a Jewish quote and video to write their heart out about their week as an East Bay Jewish teen. Then, their work gets posted right here, on our very own blog, creating a fantastic new group of published authors each week!

November 17, 2013

Week 9: Not to Be Afraid


“All the world is a very narrow bridge, and the most important thing is not to fear at all.”
Rabbi Nachman of Breslov


Mari-

“The whole world is a very narrow bridge and the most important part is not to be afraid” is a very important saying to me because it is very inspirational and I have been hearing it practically for my whole life. Last year at Camp Kee Tov, we sang this song at all camp Shabbats and it felt really special to be because every year before that, when I was younger, I would always see the older kids singing that song and I really wanted to too. Last year I got the chance to be one of those older kids singing and it felt really special and inspirational and I think that it helped shaped my understanding of life and helped me get through this year of school. To me the quote means that to get through life you must just face your fears and get through the bad times to enjoy the good ones.

Daniel-

Kol ha Olam Kulo, Gesher tzar m’od vhiykra, lo’lfahed.  The whole world is a very narrow bridge and the most important part is not to be afraid. Life will always have challenges, if you make the wrong decision, you might fall of the bridge. The choices in life are never easy, but if you have the courage to face your fears and keep walking on the bridge of life then you will have a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment